A Ghanaian man has reportedly died in a fire incident in the US
while trying to save his wife during the fire incident which occurred in their house

According to IMANI boss, Franklin Cudjoe, who happens to be a schoolmate of the deceased, he is known as Benjamin York.
Taking to social media to mourn his friend, the IMANI boss revealed that they both attended the St. Mary Seminary & Secondary School.

“York, rest in peace bro. Folks, the gentleman here was my mate in St. Mary Seminary & Secondary School . He died in a fire yesterday in New York while attempting to save the wife. The wife survived though. The incident was reported on major news wires. Mr. York, sorry bro,” he said.

As suggested by Cudjoe, reveal that the news had been widely carried in the US media.

However, the incident did not happen in New York as he had suggested but in Upper Darby, a town near Philadelphia in the state of Pennsylvania.

The reports indicate that York and another man were working on a Range Rover in a garage in their house when the smoke and fire erupted at about 1:45 pm local time on Saturday.

While the other man ran across the street to call for help, York rushed inside to go and find his wife.
The wife managed to escape the home, but the man was found dead inside after firefighters brought the blaze under control in about 30 minutes.

“It’s sad, just sad, I’m sad, very sad. He’s a hard working good man, good boy, he do everything for me,” Howard Mammie, York’s neighbour who was overcome with emotion, told

York’s unfortunate fate comes exactly a year after a Ghanaian man in the US Army died while rescuing his neighbours in a fire incident in the Bronx, New York.
Ghana News Today:


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here