SHARE

A Form Two boy at Kaptabuk Secondary School in Pokot South has died in a dormitory fire.

West Pokot County Commissioner Apollo Okello said the fire broke out at 10 pm on Monday after an electrical fault.

Okello said the student who was slept on bed was trapped in the burning building and sustained serious burns.

He was taken to Kapenguria Hospital but was declared dead on arrival.

Rev Jackson Alukusia, a relative to the deceased, said the boy suffocated to death and its too unfortunate nobody was there to rescue him.

We are saddened with the demise of the form two boy. The government should put measures to avert fires in school. They should do an inspection and proper electrical wiring. The ministry of education should introduce fire and safety lessons in schools, he said.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here