He became a billionaire In 1987 at the age of 31 and the richest man in the world at the age of 39.
Bill Gates has since then remain one of the richest people in the world. Kind of him, he has given various advice to young people over the years on how they can become rich and successful in life.
In this article, we want to share with you 10 of the most inspiring advice Bill Gates has given and we hope some of his advice change your life.
1. Don’t compare yourself with anyone in this world if you do so you are insulting yourself; Abraham Lincoln once wrote to the teacher of his child to make a request it was a simple one teaching that nobody in the world is bigger than him and he’s bigger than no one. unfortunately, most young people in our world today, live their lives comparing themselves to every other person and end up trying to be everyone that’s the part to unhappiness and failure in life.
Listen you are a unique being who is not designed to be good in everything but in something unique. Your Life’s mission isn’t to beat all the people in the game, your Life’s mission is to know your own game. Be yourself, know that nobody is better than you and you are better than no one. You are simply a unique being who is capable of achieving something, no one else can achieve.
2. To win big you sometimes have to take big risk; The best time of your life to be alive is when you are young because you have nothing to lose really nothing. Don’t take life easy, don’t live like everyone, don’t just talk about your dreams, wake up and pursue it, don’t make excuses, start with whatever you have wherever you are, get out and get lost.
3. Your exposure from a young age to the realities of the world is a super big things; Most people don’t know what life really is until they are 40. Most people live with the illusion that life is all should be easy. Most people expect the government or their parents to solve their problems.
The earlier you understand the realities of life the most successful will become. What then is the reality, well the reality is that life is tough and nobody will help you to solve your problems. We are sorry your parents or government cannot help you. The earlier you take 100% responsibility of your life the more successful become.
4. You need a coach; it doesn’t matter whether you’re a basketball player or tennis player, a gymnast or a bridge player.
In life, you will become the person you admire, if you don’t have my anyone significant you will become nobody significant. You need a coach someone to inspire and challenge you, so once you believe in yourself your coach doesn’t always have to be someone you have physical access to, you can decide to read books written by people who have achieved what you want to achieve, you can follow such people online and watched inspiring videos.
Why is this important simple because, life is tough and most people around you don’t know anything about success. If your father isn’t successful, he can teach you how to be successful, if your siblings are mediocre, they can’t inspire you to be successful. That’s why you need to look outside your domain for someone who can inspire and challenge you.
5. If you show people the problems and you show people the Solutions they will be moved to act; To be successful in life you must be able to lead people and to get them motivated towards a common goal. To motivate people into actions, you have to show them what the problem is and what can be done to create a solution. As a leader don’t just give instructions, Let people know the reason why what has to be done needs to be done.
6. Success Is a lousy teacher it can seduce you into thinking you can’t lose;
if you want to be successful for a long time you have to be humble. So many people have been successful for few minutes because they got to a point where they started thinking that they know it all. People who was successful for a long time never stop learning because they know that they can lose if they don’t keep on learning.
7. I spend a lot of time reading; even as one of the richest man in the world for over three decades Bill Gates still remains of voracious reader because he understand that life changes every day and the only way to remain relevant is to keep on learning.
In this day of social media, and interesting movies, how many young people take time to read good books anymore yet the books you read determine the future you will have just as Charlie Jones said you will be the same person in five years as you are today, except for the people you meet and the books you read.
8. We start Life with many big dreams, Things we want to accomplish, create, build and experience but if you ask any one pass the age of 40 what happened to all the dreams they had they will most likely answer life.
According to a study, out of 60 people who are planning to start their own business right now, only one of them will ever start anything. Not only business people generally hate the Pains of taking action so much that even when they try to take action, the first failure or second, send them back to their comfort zone.
Most people are dreamers because dream is sweet. You can’t be healthy for long if you only eat sweet things. Dreams are sweet and everyone eats it. Action is bitter and that’s why only few people take proactive, determined and persistent actions. Be Among The Few who get up from their dreams. Get out and get crazy.
9. Our success has really been based on partnerships from the very beginning; The first Big success of Microsoft happened in the year 1980 when Bill Gates partnered with that the I.P.M. and ever since then Bill Gates has always been on the lookout to whom he can partner with, his passion for partnership was so strong that Microsoft even went to the extent of partnering with one of their biggest competitors Apple computer. What can you learn from this, two are better than one, you grow and succeed faster in life if you learn how to work with other people.
10. Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning explains itself you’re unhappy clients and customers if you speak facts about what needs to be corrected in your products or services in summary if you want to be rich and successful in life don’t compare yourself with anyone I never allow your dreams to die be strong and take risk and harmful read books and learn how to work and partner with other people.